Our consultants from Autism Partnership Hong Kong has created a great informational video on how to parent children with autism in a more effective manner.
1. Learning can happen anytime, anywhere.
2. Catch good behaviour.
3. Provide informative feedback based on your child's behaviour.
4. Promote independence.
5. Establish a daily routine for your child.
6. The sooner you intervene the behaviour, the easier it is for the child to change.
7. Teach functional and practical skills.
8. Do not bribe!
9. Be positive!
10. Don't just tell your child what not to do, teach them what to do.
11. Choose an effective and empirically supported approach to help your child.
12. When problem behaviours occur, stay calm and patient.